Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A reminder...


Yesterday a young man with a bright future died in a tragic accident.
I don't know him but I do know someone who does and I know the family is sad.
I felt sad all day thinking of a family with broken hearts.
I felt powerless to help them or even to know how I should act,
knowing that they are suffering so.


On the way to uni this morning I popped into the supermarket to get a couple of essentials,
and walked past some super cheap daffodils. They were so cheap that I brought a bucket
and a bottle of water and got some flowers and put them in my car for the day. 


I just wanted to remind myself of the circle of life,
there are dark days, but brighter days will come.



I popped them in vases here and there,
a bright spot in the gloomy days.


Sometimes it feels like there are so many big things happening in the world,
things that you have no power over and can't do anything about them.


On those days a vase of daffodils does brighten the space
and the knowledge that bad as things might be,
eventually they will get better again.

8 comments:

  1. {hugs} to you and loving thoughts to the family xxx
    Grief is the price we pay for love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed to read this post today. I am having a sad day and think I need to go buy myself some flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely way to brighten something so tragic. It truly is such a sad thing to hear xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life is unpredictable and usually not fair. (I'm glad it isn't fair - how bad would it be if the bad things happened for a reason?) I saw that Christchurch has a new cathedral - it looks like a very interesting structure and very uplifting inside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh honey, so sorry xxx Hope today was a much better day x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love daffodils. I hate young people tragically killed.
    Gorgeous post
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Deb,
    Hope you're travelling well and 2013 has been good to you so far. Thank you for the poignant reminder; the daffodils are just perfect.
    I'm just popping in to let you know about a little #reverb-like blog challenge my friend Meredith and I are offering from August 21 to 31. It's called August Moon and it looks all set to be magic!
    We'd be so excited if you joined us. You can find out more here: http://www.katmcnally.com/p/august-moon-13.html
    Take care,
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes. Flowers can do magic that is for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!