Thursday, September 26, 2013

Just so you know....


Good news: our house is finally getting earthquake repairs
Bad news: we move out the monday after next.
This might be my last post for a bit as I take apart our life and stash it all in boxes.


Before I do I just have to show you the amazing jumper I received this week from Clare
(we are doing a wee swap - I love swaps)
look at the knitting her mum did! it's incredible.


Because our notice is so short, there's things that won't get done,
like a bag for Annie's wee collection of Mog books
 (i've picked up a couple for Christmas off Trademe)
but that's ok because I cancelled my hip replacement so I can do it later.


I do hope to finish this wee vintage sheet quilt for a baby about to be born,
I figure I'll need some sit down time so can do it then!


It's the busiest time for uni, I heard some teenagers say it was going to be the busiest three weeks of their lives, I rolled my eyes.
But yes I still have three essays and two exams to go.
One essay is nearly done, one is mostly done and one is barely started,
just like the three bears.


This afternoon while keeping an eye on the activities of these two
I hope to finish referencing one of those essays, get the place a bit tidied so I can pack tomorrow,
make something decent for dinner (it's in the slow cooker)
and finish booking accommodation and carriers so we can move out.


The next week is going to be fueled by coke and chocolate and
many cups of tea.


Oh and I want to wash all these darlings before I pack them,
they have that greasy, sit in the kitchen thing going on.

Yes that should keep me going.
I may be some time. I'll see you on the other side,
wait for me ok?


16 comments:

  1. Oh, Deb! It makes me tired just to read about it! Speaking of reading - glad Annie is enjoying "Mog" books - my son had some when he was small, and I think I can still recite "Mog and Me". Best wishes with all the busy-ness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with all that is going on in your life. Wouldn't it be wonderful if just for once things happened one at a time instead of all at once?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not going anywhere.....I will be waiting patiently and hoping you get through it all without too much pains along the way xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the move and may the repairs not take too long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. just was looking at clares instagram, and it reminded me of that amazing jumper! forgot to say how amazing that knitwork was :)) WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my goodness! Have you penciled in time to sleep and eat? I hope this time goes by quickly and as stress free as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with it all! At the end you'll have a lovely fixed house :-)
    (that might have to become your mantra...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. When you move back in it will be amazing. And I hope and pray that your blessing will occur when you move in. How amazing would that be???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best wishes for things going smoothly. I know what you mean about the kitchen greasy thing; just been putting my spices in the pantry and they all have that film on them, ick.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't worry - backup is coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with the packing up and moving, having done it numerous times myself all I can say is UGH! Take care of yourself as well. I'll be missing you and waiting anxiously for you to be back in blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck!! Will be thinking of you all and hope it goes quickly and smoothly! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with everything,hope it doesn't take too long.

    ReplyDelete
  14. what beautiful photos, I just love your quilting, it always brings a smile to my face
    mim

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oy! I wish I was around the corner to help out - I'll was your kitchen greasy china - I know just what that lot feels like. What a HUGE list you have going on. Puts my current uni workload into perspective. You take good care of that hip won't you. What a bummer to have to postpone it but so good that your house is being repaired. Will you be back in for Christmas? How lovely would that be - it will be the ultimate spring clean.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!