Sunday, October 20, 2013

Finish all the projects: Spring Fling Cushion


Once upon a time, a long time ago,
I had an idea that I wanted to make a quilt in the colours of vintage board games.
It's so long ago, I don't think I can find the post!



And then I saw the Spring Fling pattern by Katie
and decided it was the business for this project.


I started off well, and it's a lovely project indeed,
but then it started to marinate in the corner of the living room
and nothing more happened.



I decided that I had almost done enough for a large cushion,
so I put it in the pile to come with us and the other night I finished off the piece,
and on the weekend I sewed it onto a backing piece for quilting.


It's really really lovely, and it would have made a stunning quilt,
but sometimes you just have to let it go in the interests of finishing something!

That's not to say a slow project is bad,
but sometimes you just get bogged down,
and a large cushion is better than a pile of unfinished business.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, slow not always bad, but finished is even better :) looks great :) I remember this and all the templates from last year! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been turning my unfinished bits into table toppers, throws and table runners. I have so many other projects that i want to start... but i have to clean out some of the old stuff first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely. Quit while you're ahead. Looks fantastic. Adoring the colours too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!