Saturday, January 11, 2014

Thoughts for 2014


We are just back from our holiday in a tent,
and to be honest I'm not sure if I'm really ready to face the year.
Last year left me feeling old and worn down like this abandoned house in a field
and although I feel rested, I still feel a bit sad.

A few days ago I read something Dee wrote,
about how last year was crappy and we can't change what this year will be,
but we can change our attitude.


I think that will be my motto for this year.
I'm going to hold tight to those that I love,
and that love me; and let go of the great vague expectations of others.
I've dropped Facebook for the time being,
and I'm in no hurry to go back (although will have to for Uni at some point)


I'm going to really enjoy those moments of peace
and make sure that they happen.


I'm going to take more pictures and pick more flowers.


I'm going to watch the sun set as often as I can.


I'm going to watch my kiddies grow
and not worry about the what will be's.


10 comments:

  1. Debs - this post made me cry! My children are going to their " homes" in sydney and Canberra after three weeks with us. I wish I still had time to watch them grow and spend time with them. Xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debs - this post made me cry! My children are going to their " homes" in sydney and Canberra after three weeks with us. I wish I still had time to watch them grow and spend time with them. Xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank goodness your down south, when you said holiday in a tent . I thought you lived up north and somehow it doesnt conjure the same images

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a calmer, happier year back in your own house. Hope the sorting and putting away is done! Being off Facebook probably will help - it seems to make a lot of people discontented with what they have because everyone else's seems so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Debs, I pray it really will be a happy new year. I was opposite to you, had a reasonably good year but came back from holiday disconcerted and out of sorts and feeling that things will all go awry. Strange isn't it. I have been reading about enjoying the moment. Not thinking about yesterday or tomorrow. It is helping, thankfully

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos - wishing you and your family a happy and peaceful 2014

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos!! And yes your idea for the year is much like mine :)) ....though I'm yet to decide on facebook ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy new year and these are great thoughts for the year ahead - I hope you achieve the peace and love and quiet you desire :) and yay for no facebook...it's been 18 months for me and I still dont miss it. thinking of you x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely pictures Deb, and I can empathise with the 'not wanting to go back' and feeling 'old and worn out'. I'll have to pop in for a cuppa and a chat xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!