Saturday, February 8, 2014

Your past doesn't determine your future, you control your future, you determine who, what, how, and where you will end up in your life. Don't let your past regrets define who you are


I mentioned last week about an experience which shook my confidence.
I've spent quite a lot of time this week trying to write my presentation for Uni
and so I've had to sort out all my feelings around what happened.


I guess we all have bits of our lives that we shut the gates to
and let the weeds grow over and and we hope we never have to deal with that again.


Not the best strategy as it turns out,
no indeed it's not.

Sometimes we have to kick open those gates
and pull out those weeds, and have a good old clean out of the section.




It's not enough to let these things fester and fester
while we push them to the back of our minds and try and get on with life.


I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one walking around with bits that are a bit cracked, 
while we pretend that everything is perfectly fine.


I'm going to work towards getting some strategies for the future
so that next time someone walks over my feelings,
I have some skills to protect myself!!

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for being so open and honest.

    Its like i could have written those words myself.

    Lets kick open those gates and get weeding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would be difficult to find someone who doesn't have any cracks. I have a bit of weeding to do too....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures... and the wisdom x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Needed this and I didn't even know it. thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such wisdom Deb! I hope you share what you discover. I started classes today for the new year, and after chatting with some fellow students, had a really liberating moment. Our university has a very unpleasant habit of always communicating with us in a really aggressive, bullying manner - be it as a group or individually. We are never advised about something, or asked about something - we are berated and shouted at. It is incredibly intimidating and results in me frantically hopping about trying to do everything as perfectly as possibly. I feel constantly guilty - which I was really beginning to think was a reflection of my "poor attitude" - until I sat with my friends and listened to their thoughts and feelings on the same topic. We are ALL feeling like this - it was such a deep sigh moment - it's not us, it's them! - followed by a lightening of the group mood when we reminded each other we only have 3 months to go before we finish! A collective acknowledgement of our weaknesses and fears can be so empowering!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post Deb - I recently had a situation where a friendship ended on really bad terms despite all my best attempts at reconciliation and I can so identify with these thoughts. Thank you xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!