Monday, April 21, 2014

A non-traditional quilt for someone we love...


I made this top last year when I was trying to find my way to do something
not all accurately pieced and put together.

It was a challenge I set myself and then I put it on the to-quilt pile.
One way and another that to-quilt pile is not moving (it's a long story)
but last week when I read on Facebook that someone I love and admire
is starting their own challenge to beat Cancer,
I knew this quilt was perfect for her.



It's bright and vibrant and breaks all the rules,
just like our friend Roz. She is a dear friend to lots of us
with the biggest heart that you can imagine.

She inspires us to look outside the square
and to make the very best of what is right in front of us.


I hope that as Roz embraces the challenge ahead,
that she remembers we are all cheering for her on the sidelines.
A quilt is more than just a warm blanket,
it is a hug from all those who love her.


Shenleigh, bless her, listened to my plea
and quickly quilted it with beautiful swirling feathers one afternoon,
a reminder that together we can fly.

If you are the praying type, let some prayers fly next week as Roz begins treatment.


We love you Roz to the moon and back.
Kia Kaha from all the people who love you in the blogosphere!

7 comments:

Poppy Black said...

All of my love goes out to Roz too. What a lovely bright quilt to snuggle under! I first met Roz at a series of machine quilting classes I took at Stitch, and every time I free machine quilt she is right there with me in my mind. I run into her from time to time and she is always a ray of sunshine! XXXX

Leeanne said...

What a wonderful friend you are!

Rachelle said...

So sorry that Roz is being hit with cancer, love that you've made her a quilt though; she'll love it.

Roz said...

And I do absolutely adore this quilt and everything it stands for. Thank you for your support. I feel loved :)

Miriam said...

I love that you did this Deb and that you include all of us who love her in your generous act. you are both refreshing, vibrant and beautiful women who live your lives outside of the square. Love to you both xxx

Cat said...

Love that you were able to do this xxx
Thank you

Leonie said...

Its perfectly perfect, thank you for doing this Deb. Big hugs to you and also to dearest Roz xxx