Thursday, May 29, 2014

What I'm learning about life right now...


Sometimes life is so full of imperfection 
that eventually you have to stop and say, this is my life right now
and start to appreciate the beauty that is right there in front of you.


Like a bag of fresh organic veges from the co-op,
slightly more expensive that we wished, but right here, right now,
exactly what we need.


Or the fact that I don't have time to find some recipes 
for our very new steps learning to eat vegetarian food as a family
but I know enough (thanks to my dearest friend Wendy)
to be able to cook healthy delicious food for my family.


Not to focus on the dead flowers lingering in the vases
but to look at the bunch of fresh parsley on the bench.


Look past the clutter and debris of life on the dining table,
at the sweet child who is coming to uni with me today.


Look at the folded laundry on the sofa, 
and be glad that it is clean, dry and folded.
Putting it away is over-rated right??


Let go of the frustration of jobs not being done
and be thankful for the man who is scrubbing the burnt soup pot.


To learn to not feel overwhelmed by the work to do,
and just to let the process roll and go with that.

That's where I am right now, 
struggling with an essay that is too close to home,
 reminding me of what is broken in me,
but learning to be ok with those feelings
and not forgetting to appreciate what I do have.

That is what I'm learning about life right now.

8 comments:

Gail said...

Annie Rose is getting so big! Such a beauty, her smile must lift your heart!

Juliet @ Tartankiwi said...

Oh I recognise so much from this post at the moment. Hang in there, you're doing a great job.

Cat said...

It's like you're speaking directly to me, advising me to just let go of my worries. This semester has been tough _and_ the book I'm reading and about to write an essay on is all too close to home. I hear you, I understand. I love you xxx

Leonie said...

Breathe in, breathe out... very relevant to so many and me too. Choose to see the good stuff and breathe... Good luck Deb, hopefully this will pass quickly and you'll feel more enthused soon. Big hugs xx

Hootnz said...

I totally get this! This whole year has been a steep learning curve for me :) Learning to appreciate the small things, small milestones, no matter how small last year I wouldn't have blinked an eyelid, but now they bring a tear to my eye and warm my heart. Step by Step...thats my new motto :) Take Care Deb xx You are inspiring and your words reach so many deeply.

Primroses Attic said...

I wish I could just let go like you. But I still worry if the house is a mess and someone is coming round.
And I feel that I have to achieve a job each day..... Mad I know !
Rosezeeta.

Miriam said...

love you xxx if I was nearby I'd come with baking and a bosom hug!! x

Michelle said...

Thank you for this post! Its come at a perfect time for me. At the moment I am reminding myself to look UP and connect with people. I am really enjoying the adventure so far.