Sunday, September 7, 2014

A Catnap in Triton Cove....



So remember a couple of weeks ago when I started this quilt?
Yes well now it is completely finished and I love it!


It began a month or two ago when I was buying a text book on Amazon
and this fell into my shopping cart.
Actually at the time I didn't realise it was quite a new release,
I just remembered seeing it on John's blog.


I've been trying pretty hard not to buy fabric this year,
but just to use what I have (that's failed a bit lately)
and I remembered my very precious stash of Catnip fabric.

I think it might be the first time that I've only used one range
in a quilt, usually I'm more of a fan of mixing things up.
I didn't use the complete range, but just the brighter ones (of course).



Anyway I made this quilt for no reason whatsoever,
just for fun. 

It felt good. I forgot that was ok.
And I'm going to keep it. That is ok too.


It's enormous. I'm standing on tiptoes stretching my arms as far as possible
to hold this thing up.  I love how this wall makes it look so small!


So there it is. A fun quilt, just for fun.
I love it. I'm pretty sure I'll use this pattern again
because it's so simple, even an idiot I can work it out.

Tell me what you have been doing for fun lately,
here at the bottom of the globe it is spring,
and you can feel the possibility in the air!

9 comments:

  1. That is a very fun-looking quilt! Just for fun, I made a crochet top, you've probably seen it. It's the kind that I'll wear over a singlet or something... thinking ahead to hot weather in Arizona.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What have a been doing for fun lately? That question made me think. The answer if not much. That has to change.

    As for the quilt. Yet another masterpiece at the hands of Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quilt! As for fun, well, hum, not much as I'm readying my house to sell. Much work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome finish! I love the settings you choose for your photo's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. fun crafting oh yes - that is good for the soul!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun Fabric, fun pattern - fun quilt! Yay for doing something for you and loving it! It's awesome!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. For fun . . . drinking tequilia lol
    Lovely lovely lovely quilt and I love the backdrop you photographed it against

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely bright quilt. As always you photograph them in some interesting settings. Today I am in Orford, Suffolk, UK with my husband. Staying at our favourite hotel. This. Or ong we went on an organised trip across to Orford a ess and walked to the lighthouse which, due to sew erosion, will soon be in the sea. One or two ore winters probably. Remembering our son who would have been 40 today but he died aged 21 on a car crash. A difficult day but we are in a place we love and so many people have remembered Chris's birthday and sent lovely messages.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!