Sunday, September 28, 2014

I'm acting like I'm ok. Please do not interrupt my performance.


In 41 days I'm going to have a hip replacement.
It's my second one so I know what I'm in for,
but even so I can't wait.


Currently I'm trying to finish the semester at uni,
writing essay after essay
on propaganda, media audiences and death and dying,
while trying to forget how much my body hurts.


I can't sleep at night,
so I lie awake waiting until it's a decent hour
and I can do some sewing before breakfast
so that I can forget how much my leg hurts.


The days that I'm not at Uni,
I spend here in my bed, writing, reading
and cheering the family on as they learn to cook,
to be nice to each other and to manage Annie's hair.



It turns out that it's amazing how much you can do in a day,
even if you think you can't.

I just can't wait till trying to forget the pain isn't one of them!

12 comments:

  1. You are ok, but afterward the healing process you'll be much more than ok! All the best for quick healing and good marks for assignments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for peace for you. In Jesus' name. *not interrupting your performance* You are doing ok. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your shoes, that is what I want to say. Great shoes, spectacular woman wearing them x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every person I have know that gets a knee or hip replacement says as soon as they woke up from surgery they felt better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. xxx hope you have a speedy recovery once its all done x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know these next 41, or 40, days will be the slowest of your life, but I hope they actually zoom past so you can get some relief!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending you lots of love my dear friend xxx 6 more weeks xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love ya MUCH! You are an inspiration Deb, and I can't wait til the pain is over for you too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are an inspiration and well done you for working through it as best you can. Keep smiling, keep counting - sending you lots of painfree hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What Miriam said....but also its OK to be bloody over it you know? Not long now. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thinking of you during the count down to your new hip. It is inspiring how much you accomplish whilst living in so much pain.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!