Saturday, September 20, 2014

Some more information #scrappyquilt #quiltalong

I know that a few of you have already begun to sort fabrics and cut scraps
for your quilts. It's so exciting to see the little piles grow. 
As I said in the first post, two really good patterns are the Scrappy Sixteen Patch
 and Katy's Scrap vomit.


Actually it really doesn't matter what you do,
some of you have existing scrappy projects that just need a push along,
and that is completely fine too.


I'm making a scrap vomit, because they are my favourite.
I'm planning on making as many of the A blocks as I can this week.
I need 18 for the bigger quilt (or you need 12 for the smaller quilt)

The A block is 49 2 1/2" square sewn into 7 rows of 7 squares.
Easy peasy.


I'm going to sew a few more rows before I start sewing blocks
just because I want to spread the colours
and I'm to lazy to sort them all out.



That is all there is to it!
What are you waiting for?? As Nike says, Just Do it :)

Don't forget to tag your photos on Instagram #scrappyquilt
I can't wait to see how you all go.

Aim for 2-4 blocks if you can this week,
but even two will be great. 


2 comments:

  1. I have some ideas brewing and I might just join in after all! Will see where the week takes us x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some ideas brewing and I might just join in after all! Will see where the week takes us x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!