Friday, October 17, 2014

Modern Maple Quilt



Last year for my birthday Chrissy gave me a bunch of Christmas fabrics
(way to my heart = give me fabric!!)
and while we were living at Bronte Street while our house was being repaired
I decided to make them into a quilt.


(little did I know I was going to become a huge fan of QuiltDad)
Anyway the pattern is by Amanda
but it's the same simplicity but effectiveness that I like from the Beyond Neutral book.


I'm not sure but I think this might be the only piece of Tula Pink
that I've used. Her fabric is lovely, I wish I had more of it!
Anyway I made the top this time last year
and it finally got to the top of the quilting pile and I picked it up from Shenleigh yesterday.
 I sewed the binding on last night and it's all finished.


This morning we ducked out early to take pictures of it.
I've been wanting to take photos of a quilt in front of this wall for ages
but there is always heaps of cars there, so early it was.


I really like how nice and summery this Christmas quilt is,
just perfect for a New Zealand Christmas.
We will be camping this year for Christmas, I can't wait.



Here's the whole wall. Isn't it amazing.





 Sorry for the photo overload,
but it just looks so pretty!!!!



5 comments:

  1. Wow - such a moody evocative setting for this photo shoot.Love your modern maple quilt, it is on my to do list also. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Looks lovely. Your quilting is look fabulous. How are you enjoying that new machine?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous quilt. Love all the white space, it emphasizes the maple leaf blocks. Quilting looks super too. Always enjoy your artistic settings for your quilts. Will you be camping at Kaiteriteri like so many Christchurch folk do?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooo love it! and such an understated Christmassy one too - perfection. I have slobbered over Tula Pink fabric too.... am yet to get my hands on some! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!