1. Sometimes you have to make a big mess before you get anywhere.
2. Sometimes you have to cut out stuff that is actually good before you make any progress.
3. It's good to have a plan, but its better to be flexible.
4. Things that look like terrible mistakes at the time, all blend in the fullness of time.
5. Sometimes you have to give over control to someone else, to actually get the project done.
6. It turns out that all the resources you need are right within your grasp.
7. Perfection is so overrated. Embrace imperfection.
8. Given the right setting, anyone can shine.
9. Practice does not necessarily make perfect, but each time you do something it gets easier.
10. Everything gets better with time and attention.
(UFO which I brought from the opshop. It would not lie flat and I started cutting it up
but got discouraged for some reason. I found it yesterday while clearing out a cupboard
and today used a child free day to trim, sew the blocks together, quilt and bind.)
Even a wonky quilt keeps you warm!