Friday, February 6, 2015

10 Life Lessons from some else's Unfinished Project...


1.  Sometimes you have to make a big mess before you get anywhere.

2. Sometimes you have to cut out stuff that is actually good before you make any progress.
3. It's good to have a plan, but its better to be flexible.

 4. Things that look like terrible mistakes at the time, all blend in the fullness of time.


5. Sometimes you have to give over control to someone else, to actually get the project done.

 6. It turns out that all the resources you need are right within your grasp.

7. Perfection is so overrated. Embrace imperfection.

8. Given the right setting, anyone can shine.


9. Practice does not necessarily make perfect, but each time you do something it gets easier.
10. Everything gets better with time and attention.


(UFO which I brought from the opshop. It would not lie flat and I started cutting it up
but got discouraged for some reason. I found it yesterday while clearing out a cupboard
and today used a child free day to trim, sew the blocks together, quilt and bind.)

Even a wonky quilt keeps you warm!

5 comments:

  1. What a great wonky quilt. So interesting to look at and discover all the fabrics and shapes that make it into the whole colourful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very good summary of life lessons to me! You have really made that old quilt shine again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the faults in it.
    The fact that is isn't perfect.
    It has a story that started before you. How cool is that.
    I love that it got finished. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your insights! And your UFO! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!