Monday, February 16, 2015

It's whats inside that counts...


Recently I was sorting out a cupboard and found this print I had saved
and I took it to my friend Cathy to be Framed.

I've been pondering for a while now, about the difference between how people see you
and what is inside. It's easy enough to have a pretty painted exterior
and hide away all the pain and hurt inside where no one can see it.


It's not a good plan, eventually a crack appears in our facade
and what is inside comes out.

Personally one of the things I find hardest to deal with is resentment.
I let things build up, shove them to the back of the cupboard
and don't deal with them.

Eventually some little thing will happen
and it all comes out. I hate this about myself.


I wish I could say that behind my outsides
match my insides,
that everything you see is exactly how it is, but of course that is not true.


We all are, after all, flawed human beings and we may as well acknowledge this.
We need own up to how we really feel.
We can think we are doing a great job of hiding
our pain, our resentment or whatever; but hiding it only hurts ourself and others.



It's all well and good to look good,
even to sound good,
it is far more important to actually be good. 
None of us can ever be as good as we wish,
but this is where Grace comes in, grace for ourselves and for others.

This year as I embrace imperfection, I see again
how precious a gift grace is to ourselves and to others.

It's a little thing that makes a big difference.

2 comments:

  1. Yip! My mum has often said I mask my pain and heartache well, even to her.....I know I should be more honest to myself and those around me...especially when I need help! That would certainly keep the resentment streak away xxx Love your photos! You demonstrate the words very well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!