Friday, March 20, 2015

Adjustments....


I've been in my new house for a week now.
We unpacked all the boxes the first weekend
and then we have spent a bit of time this week
moving things around to make things fit better.


It's lovely to come home to, especially after weeks of packing and sorting at the other house.
I may be gone a bit crazy banging nails into walls to hang pictures
and I now have a huge book case in the living room crammed with books
of all shapes, sizes and genres all mixed up together!


It's going to take a bit of adjusting to being single.
I have relied on David for so long especially in social settings
and now I'm going to have to do all of those things by myself.

It really easy to just reflect back to the people around you
their expectations of you.
You act in the way that they expect you to act,
it's almost like a role that you play.



I'm the one who stays home and looks after the children,
I'm not the one who hangs out in parties,
drinking and chatting.

But now that it is just me,
I guess I have the chance to figure out what I want to do,
and to break out of that box.

It's kinda exciting and a little big scary.
But that's just how it is, so I gotta get on with it.
This may take some time!


I still fall on my face sometimes
And I can't colour inside the lines
'Cause I'm perfectly incomplete
I'm still working on my masterpiece
And I, I wanna hang with the greats
Got a way to go, but it's worth the wait
No, you haven't seen the best of me
I'm still working on my masterpiece