Wednesday, December 9, 2015

...my dreams are my dress rehearsals for my future


Last Friday I got my final marks for University
and passed all of my paper with a B+ average.

For someone who always thought they were stupid,
this felt like a pretty amazing achievement.



Last Saturday we went to Reuben's graduation from Class 7.
Next year he starts high school.

Watching Reuben dance with all of his heart with his friends,
I could not help but remember the hard hard road this child has travelled
and be so proud of the young man that he has become.

High school isn't going to be easy for him,
but I have high hopes that he will find his own way through
and I'll be cheering from the sidelines all the way.



 Today Annie had her wee ceremony to finish her three years 
at kindergarten. She is off to start school next year, Class 1;
and she could not be more excited.

I'm pretty excited too, finally my last child is off to school!


In the last few weeks I've started my new job too.
It feels like everything is under construction as we all wrangle
with the feelings and tasks associated with all this change.

I was reflecting today how this time last year
I went to McDonalds for lunch on the last day of school,
my last bit of peace and quiet before school finished.


I had no idea that before school went back, my whole life would change.
That during the summer I would make the decision to leave David
and to carry on my life by myself.

I had no idea that I was brave enough and strong enough,
that I had just enough good friends to stand by me.


My new life is still a work in progress,
and I know there a still many obstacles ahead.

However this year as I stand at the last day of school
I know that whatever the future holds,
I will be able to deal with it.

And the things that I can't deal with,
I know that I can ask for help
and my friends will be there for me.

It feels amazing.


10 comments:

  1. ALWAYS here for you ... You are amazing xxx you've achieved so much !!! I admire you xxx
    Well done on your degree #youcandoAMAZINGthings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post of hope and gratitude. Wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the good grades! I'm sure it was well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations all round. Life is funny, funny peculiar, but it works out the way it should.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an uplifting post Deb! Congrats on your great grades, I look forward to hearing all about your new job. Andrea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to ALL the graduates in the family! Each has reached a milestone and has the right to be proud of it! Change is always hard but things always get better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Deb on surviving a tough year. Awesome results from the University - may 2016 be fabulous to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done, Deb. SO pleased you have got such great marks for your course. Go girl! Glad the children's end of year is going so well. Hope you all have a happy, restful, full of sunshine Christmas and holiday period. Coming up to Kaiteriteri this year?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on achieving all you have this year! inspirational. Hard no doubt, but you made it! Here's to a fresh new year for you all next year. Big hugs and high fives xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!