Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Dear kids of mine...



I am a flawed human being
and I am your mum.



I'm trying hard to be the best mum that I can be.
 But I know that sometimes I will make decisions
that you do not agree with.

I will decide things that make you angry or make you sad.


I want you to know that I am doing the very best I can
with the resources that I have at the time.

I want you to know that my job is to enable you to be
strong, independent human beings
who can find your way in the world.



And all of the decisions I make,
even the little ones,
are with that end in mind...
so that you can grow up strong
and independent. 


Until you are old enough to make the hard choices for yourself,
I am asking you to trust me that I am making the right choices for you.

I'm backing myself in this
and I'm asking that you believe in me too.


And one day when you are all grown up,
strong and independent

I want you to know that I always want the best for you,
that I have always fought for you
and that I completely believe in you
and will always back you too.

I love you.


6 comments:

  1. We all hope that our kids will appreciate those choices in the future, now I know mine rail against what I believe is best for them but when they're in their 20's they will thank me (as will yours)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!