Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Dear person who judges me because I'm fat...



Guess what, I know I'm fat. I've been fat for a long time now and frankly I don't really care. I mean I would love to be fitter and be able to climb mountains, but I've been busy getting educated, having surgery, becoming a single parent and looking after my family and getting fit slips to the bottom of the pile.

I actually feel sorry for you, that you think I am jealous of your skinny body. Really I have far more important things to worry about. I'm busy parenting and earning a living, and when I have spare time I'm kinda busy hanging out with people that I care about.


Yes I'm fat, so what? How does this effect you? Actually I'm pretty sure the doctor thinks I'm obese, but it doesn't stop me from being a good mum. It doesn't stop me from being a good friend. Being fat doesn't mean I can't have fun or work hard, whichever I choose. I'm fat because the gene pool is shitty. All of my ancestors were fat, actually I'm possibly skinnier and healthier than some of them.



 My being fat doesn't effect you in any way shape or form, unless I hug you in which case you might get squashed by my bosoms. The only person it effects is me and I'm not bothered enough to do something about it. So please don't tell my kids I'm jealous, because I'm not, and I don't want them to think that. I don't look at people and think I wish I was you, I'm {mostly} happy being me. I want my kids to be happy being them too. I'm healthy and gradually I'm getting fitter; as far as I am concerned, that is the important thing.


I'm much more concerned about being someone that genuinely cares for other people. I want to be someone who can listen when someone is having a hard time, who has time to spend with others and who makes a difference in other people's lives. I want to be someone who is loveable. Being unkind would make me unloveable, or being selfish or being rude, those things would make me unloveable.

Being fat does not make me unloveable.


18 comments:

  1. You are so lovable and I love our bosom hugs! You are also beautiful, inspiring, creative, generous, humble, dedicated and hardworking - those are all things I would like more of. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, for such a moving, inspiring post !
    THANK YOU for being you :))

    NADINE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, it's what's on the inside that is important. Too much emphasis on being skinny, not enough energy on being a good person not only to others but to yourself. I used to say to my kids when they wanted to be like someone else or were unhappy with a body part: "It's a straight world without twisties"............meaning we need different people of all shapes, sizes, colours, beliefs.....etc etc in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being a wonderful person is much more important than how you look, though to be honest I think you look great. You're comfortable in your own skin and isn't that better than spending time worrying about how you look?
    You've got the important stuff going right; family, friends, caring. If you're getting fitter then that's great too, won't necessarily lead to thin in any case, my PT isn't thin, but she's certainly fit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're awesome and beautiful and I'd love a squishy bosom hug! This is a fab post. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally true Deb! Fat & Fit are too different things, and besides who wants to be skinny -- cos I don't want to see anybodies bones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post is perfect timing. I am sitting here at this moment feeling so fat and unhappy with myself. I needed to read this so thank you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You rock, Deb! Who wouldn't like to take off some weight? But like you, most of us have other priorities. So glad you put the troll in its place!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember the day we happened to meet in Sumner for the Guinness book of records skinny dip. You were like " fuck it! I'm totally
    Doing it!" I think that's when I fell in love with you. You, and your amazing bosoms.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bring on the bosom cuddles xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Deb. We have a weekly 'stand-up' meeting at work and today my 'boss' mentioned that we are entering into the start of Lent which some people use to give up certain foods with the hope of losing weight. She said: that's not what it's about, although there are some here who could lose weight. That may be true (in my case) but it offended me, and I've found out since that there were others also offended. But were we brave enough to call her out? Unfortunately not! Thanks for your post. It's brought me back to realising it's nothing to do with anyone else, it's how I feel about myself that matters and at the moment I'm feeling ok.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Who dares to make such comments? Not someone who knows you or someone who reads your blogs and is inspired by the way you face life's challenges head on and overcome them. More important to focus your energies on your family, completing your courses, being a wonderful friend. And you are getting fitter after your hip operation. How could you have done all that walking in the USA if you weren't fit?! So, go on being you, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  13. PREACH IT SISTER !!! You are just how God made you and it's amazing. You're transparency in the midst of difficult times has been encouraging and life changing for more people than you'll probably ever know. Don't change a thing unless you want to .... you are BEAUTIFUL :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a glorious post, and what a perfect 71st birthday gift for me (in 5 hours when it turns into the 20th). I've been fat now for about 66 or 67 years, minus a couple of brief periods which followed months of agony and pain as I dieted and starved and struggled to lose weight -- 60 pounds once, 75 pounds twice, 50 pounds another time -- good grief, with just that I've lost 260 pounds -- how can I still be fat. SIGH...Just wanted to let you know how I loved this post and that I'm going to print it and pin it to my shirt for all the world to see, assuming those skinny girls can find their glasses in the bottom of their purses! I think I love you! -- AND, by the way, I live in central Mexico, about 40 miles from the main Corona brewery -- who knew it was sold in New Zealand -- SALUD! Be sure to have another for my birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a glorious post, and what a perfect 71st birthday gift for me (in 5 hours when it turns into the 20th). I've been fat now for about 66 or 67 years, minus a couple of brief periods which followed months of agony and pain as I dieted and starved and struggled to lose weight -- 60 pounds once, 75 pounds twice, 50 pounds another time -- good grief, with just that I've lost 260 pounds -- how can I still be fat. SIGH...Just wanted to let you know how I loved this post and that I'm going to print it and pin it to my shirt for all the world to see, assuming those skinny girls can find their glasses in the bottom of their purses! I think I love you! -- AND, by the way, I live in central Mexico, about 40 miles from the main Corona brewery -- who knew it was sold in New Zealand -- SALUD! Be sure to have another for my birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!