Tuesday, April 26, 2016

“Be strong enough to stand alone, smart enough to know when you need help, and brave enough to ask for it.”


Last week we moved into our new house
and it is so good. All of the boxes are unpacked
and it is starting to feel like home.


Because we know how to party in our house,
we christened the new house with a tummy bug.
Never have I been so glad for a separate laundry and two bathrooms.
Enough said.


I was also super grateful for a friend who popped in yesterday
with lemonade ice blocks, pizza for the kids tea
and other necessities
and my mum is making chicken soup for our dinner tonight.


This year, more than ever, I am learning that it is ok to ask for help
and to rely on your friends for help,
and NOT TO FEEL GUILTY ABOUT IT.


Guilt is such a wasted emotion.
Also I am more than happy to help others out,
so why the heck to I feel guilty when they help me??


Life is not always pretty
but with a little help from my friends,
we can get through and not feel one bit guilty about it!


“Be strong enough to stand alone,  
smart enough to know when you need help,
 and brave enough to ask for it.”
 Ziad K. Abdelnour

Edit: these photos are of Annie's birthday at the house we were staying at with family. There is no photographic evidence of our last weekend hahaha

10 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Annie Rose and Happy Housewarming to you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, Congratulations on your new Home and Happy Birthday to your lovely daughter, Annie Rose, what a sweet name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new house Deb, it's huge. Are you still in the same area.
    HAppy birthday Annie Rose.
    It's always hard to accept help, especially when it's so easy to give it. Just try to take it with the love it is given.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lesson of being able to ask for help without self-flagellation seems to be one that is difficult for nearly everyone xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you know the Hymn Brother, sister, let me serve you, let me be as Christ to you;
    pray that I may have the grace to let you be my servant too. So it's a thing, go easy with yourself, you have a lot on your plate without the guilt too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post. Happy new home to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first pict is not your new house? I hope there will come some rest and stability in your life now......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, God is good. Love the new house, much room to breathe. I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lesson I need to remind myself of constantly! So glad you have many friends and family around you wanting to help....I'd say that has alot to do with how willing and loving you are to them xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lesson I need to remind myself of constantly! So glad you have many friends and family around you wanting to help....I'd say that has alot to do with how willing and loving you are to them xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!