Monday, April 18, 2016

#withalittlehelpfromourfriends


Tonight is our last night in the valley.
It's been an amazing place of rest for us
and we are beyond grateful for the hospitality
that has been extended to us.


I'm going to miss the country air, the sheep
and most of all I'm going to miss having other adults to talk to.
Luckily we can come back and visit
anytime we want.


The period of time that our stuff has been in storage
and we have been staying with family,
has given me a new appreciation for firstly,
how easily people can become homeless;
and then secondly how freaking difficult it is to get yourself
out of that situation. 


Since we moved out of our house,
the weather has changed to autumn. 
The trees are changing colour and the walnuts in the orchard are falling.
I feel like time slooooooowed down while
all the legal dramas were sorted out.
So it's kinda cool to look out the window and see visible signs
of time passing.


The last few months have been ridiculously stressful
and getting through them has been really difficult.
However seeing our new home today and starting to put our things in it,
it made me feel like it was all worthwhile.
I'm beyond grateful that it has all worked out.
This time I needed lots of encouragement from my friends
but we did this hard thing and tomorrow we will sleep in our new home.

9 comments:

  1. Bon courage and hugs from France

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the new home. Do hope everything works out for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully written, I'm so excited for you with your new home, it will be exhausting I know but exhilarating at the same time. You're at the end of the tunnel and in the light. You will be able to sit with a cup of tea and say I have arrived.
    Blessing and Hugs
    Tonia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much love and happy home ownership xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh YAY! I'm so glad you are nearly at the end of this trial, and ready to snuggle down for winter in your lovely new home xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! The hard stuff is behind you! Now you can settle in, get comfortable and live.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy settling times are ahead! Isn't that what those gorgeous sheep are saying?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh YAY! I'm so glad you are nearly at the end of this trial, and ready to snuggle down for winter in your lovely new home xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of good wishes for your new life in your new home xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!