Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did. [Newt Gingrich]



Sometimes you can keep all the balls in the air
and flit from one thing to another with no problem at all.


And other days you drag your sorry butt out of bed
and feel like its an achievement when you get showered and dressed.


Most of the time, life is somewhere in between.
 We get things done and it is all good.


I have noticed that sometimes you can just push yourself a little bit more
and finish off your to-do list. It's a great feeling.


And then other times, you push yourself that little bit more
and all you do is get grumpy and irritable.



The trick is knowing when to keep pushing 
and when to just go home at the end of the day,
lie on the sofa with a glass of wine
and know that all that stuff will be waiting for you tomorrow.

Today is a wine day.
And that's ok. The to-do list will wait till tomorrow!


5 comments:

  1. love you my friend. Glad you are recognising the day and treating it accordingly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you totally ... I could feel myself getting grumpy and irritable so I'm having lots of cups of tea days
    Look after you xxx you're loved

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some days you need to fall face-first on the bed! The tricky part comes from trying to figure out what day it is!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!