Monday, May 30, 2016

pros and cons of being single....


There are some really nice things about being single.
Sometimes you get a weekend off parenting.
Then you can do all the grown up things you always want to.



Or you can just eat baked beans on toast for breakfast
and lie on the sofa in your pjs and watch rubbish tv.
You can sing to yourself in the car.
You can pee without someone shouting for you.


But there are some rubbish things too.
There is no one to snuggle up to in bed on cold nights.
No one to back you up when the kids are being feral.
There is no one to run to the supermarket for snacks.


There is no one to see or care when it all gets too much
and you just have to let the tears leak out of your eyes.
There is no one who has your back or checks up to make sure
your day is going ok.


Being single is ok I guess.
But I hope I don't have to be single forever.
I'd like to think one day there would be a man
who was proud to call me his.

In the meantime I'll carry on figuring out how to do life by myself.
And maybe buy some flannelette sheets to keep me warm
on cold nights!


10 comments:

  1. xxxx and a hottie too xxxx you are well easy to love Deb xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being in an unhappy marriage sucks too. I'd rather have a dog xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hear hear! Being up happy in a relationship is not cool, and the product for the children goes far beyond what we think it could be! Scars of early years unhappy family life run deep. Better people apart Is better than rubbish together. But i hear ya on the run to the supermarket for snacks thing, and when the kids are feral and you just need to cry!or someone to cry to. :-) you are an inspiration and I'm sure that you give hope to others that are going through or will go through the same life change. Meanwhile.... let's catch up more. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hear hear! Being up happy in a relationship is not cool, and the product for the children goes far beyond what we think it could be! Scars of early years unhappy family life run deep. Better people apart Is better than rubbish together. But i hear ya on the run to the supermarket for snacks thing, and when the kids are feral and you just need to cry!or someone to cry to. :-) you are an inspiration and I'm sure that you give hope to others that are going through or will go through the same life change. Meanwhile.... let's catch up more. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A hottie and flannella sheets are a super idea. Take care....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ❤️ Flannelette sheets and I would ❤️ Love to pee without being shouted at oh and shower too !!! You're easy to ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post. Love YOU. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup a hottie or wheatie and warm sheet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are good things about both states. Single - no snoring, better sleep but not as warm and no hugs. Couple - snoring, but good hugs and the need for earplugs.
    Get the flannel sheets, I'm loving the ones I got from Easibuy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sending a huge hug across the pond and wishing you well. You are a strong woman, a good woman, and you won't remain single if you wish otherwise. Continue loving your little nest, your family, your work. Good things are seeking you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!