Sunday, May 15, 2016

Step with care and great tact, and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act. Dr. Seuss


This weekend I stayed home.
I was so tired after the first two weeks of the school term
that I just couldn't think or be creative because my brain
was so tired and my body was too!


I spent quality time lying on the sofa drinking cups of tea and 
eating Griffins Gingernuts (there are no other kinds)



I vacuumed the house, cleaned the bathrooms
and sorted the kitchen drawers.


I lay on the sofa and admired the light coming in the windows.
I hung more things on the walls.


I opened all the windows and doors and let the fresh air in.


I baked a cake.
And then ate a piece warm from the oven with ice cream.



And then I lay on the sofa some more.

It was just what I needed.
This morning when we got up,
the lunches were made, the dishes were done
and we got out the door with the minimum of fuss.
Here's to a quiet weekend, it makes a great start to the week!

8 comments:

  1. Just the thing to settle into your house, especially after such a rollercoaster of emotions that I can only imagine that you have been through xx The perfect way to recalibrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your house looks beautiful - wherever you go you make things beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so true - I just read one of those sleep articles from Aaron about resetting our brain through sleep - and I would imagine rest would have a lot to do with this as well - that feeling that we are so full of incoming information and happenings that we just need some time out to process it all or let go of the excess...? something like that...glad you got a much-deserved rest! Glad we didn't pick last weekend to descend on you in your new space LOL! XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to read that you are listening to your body when it asks for rest and sleep. Well done. The house looks lovely, all those luscious quilts! When I worked full time and had a young family I found that busy weekends meant a hectic, off- course week to follow. Your sensible restful weekend will pay dividends throughout the coming week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes we just need to stop for a little while to catch our breathe and recharge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad that you gave yourself permission to slow down and enjoy your weekend at your own pace. We all need those kinds of weekends sometimes. You are feathering your nest beautifully! I'm happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best kind of weekend to restore the soul xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!