Over the last 18 months I've been solo parenting with varying amounts of success.
Here's a few things that I have learnt.....
1. The best place to cry is the bath. No one will disturb you there.
2. Everyone has to help. A list you can cross off makes it seem more like fun.
3. Even the smallest budget needs to have room for treats
(a $1 frozen coke from McDonalds counts as a treat)
4. No matter how bleak life seems,
you have to make plans for good things.
5. Take responsibility for where you are at.
Believe in yourself, back yourself.
6. Make sure you schedule all the things that need doing,
don't just fit them in here and there.
7. A tidy house will make everyone feel better.
8. Even a tidy house needs a couple of places where you can be messy.
9. You cannot under estimate how much sleep you need.
10. You have to take time to do things that restore your soul.
11. You must make sure you talk to someone every day,
don't be a complete hermit.
12. Remind yourself every now and again you are doing a good job.
13. You will screw up, its is ok. Tomorrow is another day.
14. Actually it is ok to ask for help.
15. Remember to take your meds, put on face cream and drink water.
Feeling shit about yourself won't help anyone.
16. Figure out how to like yourself. How can you expect anyone else to like you
if you really hate who you are?
17. Most of all, remember #icandohardthings #thistoowillpass