Thursday, August 11, 2016

Renting space in my head....



I can't tell you how good it is to have one day job that I like.
Honestly it makes all the difference.
No longer am I trying to juggle Facebook posts,
deadlines and other people's dramas in my head.
I'm loving it.


It's the brain equivalent of having a tidy house.
Just like a tidy house gives you space to do what you actually want,
having a tidy brain gives me space to be creative.


I feel so much better, it was totally worth the pain.
But reinforces that thing I say over and over,
the pain has to get bad enough for you to make the decision to change.
It's a weird thing, but true,
that we will often stay in a situation that isn't in our best interests,
just because the process of change is too painful for us to contemplate.



But let me tell you, as someone who as been facing those situations
over and over again,
it is always worth it. Change might not but fun,
but change gives us the opportunity to grow.


And who wouldn't want to miss out on growing as a person?
Not me, that's for sure.
It's not that the things we go through are bad or wasted,
they are just steps on the way to something better.

I know for a fact, I'm going to keep on coming against things
that I need to change,
but hopefully every time I do it, I will get braver
and fight against the process a little bit less!

3 comments:

  1. I love your words, they validate exactly what I am going through right now. Embrace my ugly breakdowns and know that they lead to a well rounded person with wisdom.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!