Monday, August 29, 2016

Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart {winnie the pooh}


Don't ask me where I'll be in five years or what I'll be doing
because I have literally no idea.
If I could have seen where I am now five years ago,
I would have thought I was dreaming.


I just really like enjoying the small things where I am now.
It makes all the difference I find, when you notice good things
and don't focus on the negative.

Like the other morning when I parked my car and saw a rabbit
by this building. How come it lives in town?
What does it do here? What is it eating??
It made me happy to think about a family of rabbits living 
under an abandoned building!


Watching Annie learn to swim.
Honestly she is getting more fun out of this 
than any other thing my kids have done over the last 23 years.
It is unbelievable how happy it makes her
and what a highlight to our week it is.



Now that I have sorted out my work situation
I am LOVING being creative again. Even one row of knitting a day.
It feels so good to be making stuff again.

I'm not saying that I don't have bad days,
or that I don't feel negative sometimes,
but on the whole there are enough little good things sprinkled about
that you know your life is good.


For me, my life is about the little things,
the things other people don't catalogue,
but they are the things that make me truly happy.

I'm grateful. As Winnie the Pooh said...

Weeds are flowers, too, 

once you get to know them.




6 comments:

  1. Love the quilt hanging on your back patio, and yes, there are bad days and negative thoughts but keep up loving yourself and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleased to hear you are managing to knit and sew again. That's a very good sign. Your work situation sounds much better too. Love the happy swimmer photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny how little things can make stuff so much better.
    And I've just realised that your current residence is brick! I always think of NZ houses being wood....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every day my daughter and I text each other with three good things from our day. It is to help her (and me) to stop focusing on the negatives and find positives in our lives. Small things like the smell of freshly cut grass to big things like a job promotion. It really does help and you realise that thee is so much to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Annie's Goggles! Swimming is such fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!