Thursday, August 4, 2016

Wahoo! making changes....


One of the things I have tried to teach my kids is that when you get to the point
where you hate your life, 
you have to change something.
But sometimes the pain has to get bad enough
to make you actually change it.


Recently I had got a bit bogged down with my work,
with three part time jobs, I felt like I was constantly running
and never getting anywhere.

I was talking to my friend Jan and he challenged me to think
about what I actually wanted. 
It was just the kick up the a** that I needed.


I went away and asked for the hours that I needed 
at a rate that would make a difference to me.
He said yes.
So I was able to hand in my notice to my other job
and gradually I'm getting rid of my third job.


It feels so good. I have some space in my head.
And I'm going to put it to good use.
I want to make 12 quilts this year and exhibit them at the end of the year.
I'm really excited about this.
Funny how the pain had to get bad enough for me to change,
but now that the change is almost here,
it feels so good!


8 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You are always such an inspiration to me and I marvel at your common sense and level-headedness. I know you will accomplish any goal you set for yourself. Your children couldn't have a better mother or friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you !! I always read your posts but sometimes I don't leave a comment . So happy about all the changes you have made for the better . I love your house :)
    Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat on the back! Strange how making these decisions for ourselves can be so difficult.................

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good move! I think inertia keeps us from changing things, it's just easier to leave things alone than to change.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness...I have gotten to about the same point Deb! Single mama, juggling three jobs...inspiring to hear your story. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!