Saturday, September 17, 2016

12 Things I learned while lying on the sofa....


I caught the cold that Annie has had for three weeks.
I've been dragging the child to work to lie on the sofa
and it's no wonder that the rest of us in the office caught it.
But finally the kids went to their dads;
and I actually couldn't drag myself out of bed and called into work sick.

Here's what I learned.....


1. Guess what? The world doesn't stop if you lie on the sofa for three days.
2. It doesn't matter how long it takes to do the chores, as long as they get done.
3. You can't be lonely if you have a dog curled up next to you.
 4. The cats however, will constantly nag for food.



5. It's ok to use the drier even if the sun is shining.
6. Toilet paper is the best thing ever for blowing your nose
(so soft. How come I never realised this before?)
7. Ice blocks are a food group.



8. Sitting at the sewing machine is therapeutic in short doses.
9. Pinterest really is inspiring.
10. A quilt and some rubbish tv actually does make you feel better.
11. The world doesn't end if you don't read your emails.
12. A good friend is one who comes and mows your lawns for you.



So there you have it.
Here's to a better week this week!

2 comments:

  1. And toilet paper roll takes up less room than a kleenex box! I even made a drawstring bag for the toilet paper so people don't think I am weird having toilet paper on my desk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling much better. Very sensible to 'give in' to the cold and rest on the sofa. 'Sitting on the soft cushion' was always the advice from one of my husband's aunts - and very sensible too. Eventually the cold goes faster if you don't try to battle it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!