Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Memo to self: Just be kind. Always be kind.


It seems to me that relationships are a balancing act. I'm not particularly good at them (as evidenced by my single status) but I'm learning. I'm not just talking about romantic relationships, I'm talking about all of the people that we have some kind of connection with. Recently I have been taking notice of how the way that I am feeling effects how I feel about I think other people feel about me.


I don't know about you, but I always assume that I feel the same all the time, it's just that sometimes your day is filled with stupid people. No? just me then! ok, well I have mentioned before I'm a slow learner haha. Anyhow, I have started taking not of the fact that sometimes I feel a bit blah, you know flat, uninspired or whatever, and then when I meet people I assume that they hate me and I've done something wrong. Is this just me?? I'm pretty sure it's not.


So, news flash! it's just me having a bad day. It's not all the people I work with, live with or are friends with who suddenly think I'm like a piece of gum on the bottom of their shoe, annoying, disappointing and something to try and hide away. It's just me feeling a bit blah and it's ok. We can't always be amazing.


And so I'm trying really hard to assume that people actually like me, that I'm an ok person and my opinion is valid. And maybe the other person is just having a bad day, feeling blah or uninspired, and maybe I'm coming across a bit perky and annoying and they are not feeling the vibe.

Memo to self: it is not all about me, on the whole as long as you are polite and kind and interested in them, you are ok. And just maybe, if the other person comes across that they don't want to interact with you, it is not automatically something you did wrong, but just that they are feeling blah in the space they are in. Just be kind. Always be kind.

8 comments:

  1. I've never come across you on any day where you are not kind and lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  2. very wise advice, too often we think we have done something , said something, to someone, when something totally different is going on in their life. So yes, be kind to others and have compassion towards ourselves as well. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having never actually met you I have to go by the blog. So, I think you are a talented, patient, loving, good and kind person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess we all sometimes have doubts about our personality. I do. I'll keep your last paragraph in mind when I next think someone doesn't like me.
    P.S. First visit, will come back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A good piece of advice, I try to be kind always though sometimes my lack of social skills means it doesn't come across as well as I'd like. I still try though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And maybe they are just having a bad day themselves.

    I've found as I get older that it's easier to care less about what other people think of me. But sometimes the kindness thing is hard too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!