Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Jenny



At the end of last term one of the mums at school pulled me into a conversation with Jenny and said you two should car pool because we both live out of town at the south of Christchurch. I have known Jenny since Annie started kindergarten but not that well. So I talked to Jenny and found out that she had been coming into school to drop her daughter off and then hanging around in town till it was time to go home! That is no kind of life. 


It did not take me long to work out that I should do all the driving because I'm coming into town anyhow. At first I said I would do every second week; but around that time, Reuben started living with me full time and so I can do it all the time. It's actually so easy for me to do and helpful for Jenny. What I didn't count on, was how much I would get out of our arrangement.



Jenny is quite possibly the nicest person I have had the pleasure of coming into contact with. It's hard to explain what she is like, but the best I can do is that she is what I would imagine an angel would be like if they lived here. Jenny has the kindest heart you could imagine and one of the things I love about her is how excited she is about the little things in life. 


I make sure I give her a hug when I see her, Jenny likes hugs. Do you know it is so nice to see someone every day who is really pleased to see you and thinks you are wonderful! Honestly completely makes my day. It's not fake, she genuinely is happy for you about things.


Also Jenny often cooks dinner for us. She comes out when we drop her daughter off and gives us a dish with something healthy and delicious in for our tea. It is amazing. I cannot tell you how grateful I am for this kindness, as a single working parent, a healthy cooked dinner is an absolute God-send.
I love how I feel like Jenny does more for us, but Jenny feels like I do more for her. Our relationship is really give and take. If anyone came into my life at the right time, it was Jenny; she really is amazing.


I did not realise that I needed a friend like Jenny in my life, someone who needed me to help them out but who offered me so much in return. Someone is truly glad to see me each day and always has a kind word. Jenny even notices when I look tired and asks me how I am. It actually makes a difference to my day. I am beyond grateful to the mum at school who put us together. Everybody needs someone in their life like Jenny, I can't tell you how lucky I am.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are angels to each other................xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S.....I enjoy your blog posts, these lovely inspiring photo's, often of everyday life and often of quilty projects and then the words are all about your thoughts.........perhaps I can have a blog like that one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! All round loveliness

    ReplyDelete
  4. We need more you and Jenny's in the world. Good eye for the photography.
    This post started my day with a smile. Thanks
    Hugs and Blessings
    Tonia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!