Sunday, December 18, 2016

One year at Big Boy Websites...


Last night the Big Boy Websites team went to Tom and Keri's place
for wood fired pizza and a few drinks.

Last year, Alex was building one website a week at his desk in his wardrobe
(which I nicknamed Narnia) and doing all of the sales, marketing and paperwork
all by himself.

This December we have a whole team of people all doing their bit
and building between 3-6 websites a week.
I was lucky to get a job with Alex as soon as I finished Uni
and I've been getting busier and busier as the year goes by.


The best part about all of this is that we all genuinely like each other.
I would choose all of these guys as friends.
It makes for a great work environment
and it makes going to work so much better.


I'm super proud especially of my son James,
who joined us mid year. He's been doing an on-the-job
crash course in sales and he's doing so well.
I'm proud of how he has transformed his life.


I have loved loved loved getting to know Sarah.
She's our uber talented senior designer.
She's smart and she's funny and she's a shopaholic (along with Tom).
We send each other silly jokes and we have each other's backs.



Seeing the world through Tom's eyes is a revelation.
It is so cool to see things from a different perspective.
It's difficult to be an uptight human when you are around Tom.
He's kind too. He is someone you can rely on in a tight spot.
(I know because I have).


My dream when I went to University,
was to end up with a job where I was a small part of a team.
I wanted to be someone that could be relied on
but who didn't have to do the whole job.

I can safely say that I have found that spot.
I'm beyond grateful for this awesome team.

So looking forward to seeing how 2017 goes for us.

3 comments:

  1. I've never met James, but from what you've shared about him, I'm proud of him, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful job, I think the most important part of a job is the team of people you work with, closely followed by the actual work you do.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!