Monday, March 27, 2017

#cancersucks #teamhikuroa

Tahu is having brain surgery this morning. I have literally no frame of reference to imagine this ending badly. It feels like one moment we were all just ticking along, talking about work and kids and plans for the year and now we are staring Death in the eye and saying, you can't have this one.

I have shut the door in my brain which imagines how it would be if this treatment doesn't work. I'm not going to think about it. I just can't. 

I can only open the door to the possibility that the treatment is really successful, that it all goes well and that Tahu and Jo and Knox get way more time together surrounded by all the love and support of those of us who love them.

There is nothing else that we can do really is there. #cancersucks #teamhikuroa


Print available here

2 comments:

  1. This reminds me of a line in a song,

    "Don't worry about the future; or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum.
    The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind.
    The kind that blindside you at 4pm on some idle Tiesday "

    I remember the moment when my dad told me my mom had ovarian cancer. I was sitting in my condo with my kids. My dad came in the back door. I can remember it as clear as today. And I remember the time just as clearly when the oncologist said she was done. There were no more treatments.
    Blindside, indeed.
    I have no advice. This is scary. Just love each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take each day as it comes, be thankful for every day you get with him and hope there will be many more. There's no other way to survive this sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!