This morning I got up and sewed some dresdens with my little orange sewing machine.
And then I found the binding i had cut for this quilt
and so I sewed that on too.
The machine wasn't going too well,
but this afternoon I brought a new bobbin for it
and it is going like a charm.
I feel like I'm getting much better at sewing bindings down by machine
and this is a good thing for quilts in our house
that get washed over and over and over.
I used a scrappy binding too, I love these wee houses by Lu Summers,
and I really really wish I had brought metres and metres of them when they were available!
I also used quite a bit of this wee panda print.
I absolutely love it and so does Annie of course.
It's perfect cut into little squares like this.
I think I only had to cut four strips to make this,
I had all the rest of it left over from all the Christmas Scrap Vomit
quilts I've done. I just organised them into colours and here it is.
A little bit of perfection. It's technically a Christmas quilt,
but really it can be used all year round.
And that's what Annie plans to do!!!